7 Celebrations – Reconnect in the Thompson Okanagan – Reconnecting in the South Okanagan
The Summerland community and visitors are invited to enjoy a full day of celebrations to highlight the local culture, family, community and entertainment in the South Okanagan!
A Full Weekend of Events February 18th and 19th, 2023. 11am – 9:30pm – Summerland Arena
Upstairs Arena Banquet Room – Feb 18 from 11am-9:30pm
- Land Acknowledgement by Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association and welcome Okanagan song by Whitney Cardenas
- Artisan Market – Feb 18th from 11am-4pm
Outside Summerland Arena Parking Lot Entertainment
- Bannock Slaps Burgers & Indian Tacos
- Peggy Joe (Icy Joes)
- Hixzee’s Gourmet Street Food
- Summerland Smoke Shack
- The Weinery
Family Fun Bouncy Castles Saturday Feb 18th from 11am – 6pm!
Inside Summerland Arena Banquet Room Day Performers, Storytellers & Market.
- 11:00am – Land Acknowledgement by Thompson Okanagan Tourism and welcome Okanagan song by Whitney Cardenas
- Local Dignitaries
- 12:00pm – 12:15pm – Bobby Bovenzi – Drummer from Summerland
- 12:30 – 1:00pm – Emily McDonald’s School of Highland Dance
- 1:15pm-2:00pm – Storyteller Levi Bent
- 2:20pm – 3:00pm – Okanagan drumming & dancing with Jennifer Squakim, Aimee Lezard, Billie Kruger, Jordan Bower
- 3:30-4:00pm – Performative storytelling by Shayla Allison & family.
Main evening stage entertainment begins 6pm – 9:30pm
Summerland Arena Banquet Room
SUNDAY FAMILY SKATE AND ENTERTAINMENT!
Sunday, February 19
- 1:00 – 2:30 pm – Family Day Free Skate (District of Summerland). Party Perfect – Facepaint by Susie
- 2:00 – 3:30 pm – Entertainment (Inside Upstairs Banquet Room) Silly of the Valley
- 5:00 – 6:00 pm – Entertainment (Inside Upstairs Banquet Room) Silly of the Valley
- 6:00 – 7:00 pm – Family Day Free Skate (District of Summerland) Party Perfect – Facepaint by Susie
For more information on all 7 Celebrations in the Thompson Okanagan, please go to https://www.thompsonokanagan.com/7-celebrations